BIOMARG – BioMedical Analytical Research Group is a research group at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL) in Bergen, Norway.
Our long-term goal is to improve health care delivery by catalyzing the progress of biomedical laboratory scientist research as well as basic and translational biomedical science research: locally (at our university), regionally (in collaboration with health care institutions and the University of Bergen), nationally and internationally. In addition, in order to improve the quality of the Biomedical Laboratory Scientist Education Program, by reflective teaching and action research, we investigate and explore our own practices (education research).
BIOMARG research competences cover several disciplines and domains in the field of biomedical sciences: education, diabetes, cancer, inflammation, immunology, hematology, transfusion, physiology, microbiology, genetics, cellular stress, physical exercise and health, neurology, neurophysiology, systems biology, bioinformatics and ethic design. A variety of approaches, techniques and research models are used to carry out cutting-edge science.
BIOMARG currently encompass the following research areas :
- Quality assurance of health technology
- Biomedical Laboratory Education Research.
- Exercise and Physical Activity in Health and Disease
- Environmental and cellular stress responses
- Genetic causes of disease (diabetes and cancer)
- Hematology, Immunology and Transfusion Medicine
- Development of Advanced Biomedical Laboratory Technology