At the Norwegian Network Conference for Music Teacher Education 22.-23. October 2018 at North University in Bodø, 3 memebers from the CCC research group contributed to the topic Inclusive Music Education.
- The open research group seminar “Social justice, arts education and community arts” is coming up, and we are offering a few reflections on the topic of social justice in music education.
The research group Culture – Criticism – Community invites to an open research seminar: “Social justice, arts education and community arts”
Friday October 19th, 09:00-12:00, room C114 (auditorium 5).
0900-0910: Introduction (Silje Valde Onsrud)
0910-1000: The art of listening: What 20 ten-year-olds taught me about social justice (Judy Lewis)
1010-1100: Contextualizing social justice
– Experience of (in)justice and an imperative to care: Contextualizing social justice within arts education (Judy Lewis and Catharina Christophersen)
– Exploring social justice through artistic research (Tine Grieg Viig)
– Making music and research with children in asylum seeker centres (Ailbhe Kenny)
– How heteronormativity can limit students’ musical expressions (Silje Valde
– Preservice music teachers as agents of change (Catharina Christophersen)
1115-1130: Comment from a perspective of Lived Democracy (Kjellrun Hiis Hauge)