The open seminar Student – teacher-artist collaborations: Developing multi-professional creative partnerships in schools was arranged by the CCC research group 20th February 2019 at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, campus Bergen. Here are some moments from the seminar. You find the whole program under News in this blog.
Welcome to an open research seminar with the research group Culture – Criticism – Community in Fyrrommet at HVL campus Kronstad, February 20th 2019 at 1300-1500.
About the seminar:
Arts-in- education projects and creative partnerships are included in children’s arts education within schools. Such collaborations between artists and schools are often encouraged by politicians, and by many viewed as excellent opportunities for inspiring artistic experiences and encounters. However, as research tells us, such collaborations could also be very challenging and problematic from the perspectives of teachers and of arts education.
The purpose of the seminar is to explore multi-professional collaborations in schools, and connect this topic to teacher education: What are the challenges and possibilities surrounding such collaborations, and how can pre-service arts teachers be prepared to participate in such collaborations?
1300-1415: What does research say about the possibilities and challenges of artist-teacher collaborations in school contexts?
- Catharina Christophersen: Introduction
- Ailbhe Kenny: Teacher-Artist Partnerships as a model of continual professional development in Ireland.
- Kari Holdhus & Jonas Romme: Functioning partnerships between schools and artists in dialogical art productions (The DiSko project)
- Ingvild Digranes: Professional dilemmas in the Cultural Rucksack
- Ailbhe Kenny & Catharina Christophersen: Pathways and possibilities for Collaborations in Schools
1415-1500: What could a functioning artist-teacher partnership look like, and how could pre-service teachers be prepared to participate in future partnerships?
The discussion will include researchers, teacher educators, arts teachers and preservice arts teachers. Moderator: Silje Valde Onsrud.